Welcome to the Music Matters School of Guitar. Teaching Guitar has been my passion and joy in Somerset West since 1984!
My goal is to provide you with professional tuition in a happy and encouraging environment. I have endless patience and my studio rule is that you are not allowed to stress!
I teach children as young as 5 years of age and my oldest student to date was 85 years young!
Junior students from the age of 5 to 8 years are taught in half hour private lessons only and not in groups as I find concentration is much better with one on one attention. Parents are welcome to sit in on their child’s lesson.
Students from 9 years to adults are taught in either private or group lessons.
- - Tuning the guitar
- - How to re-string the guitar
- - Learning to read chord diagrams for Open and Barre Chords
- - Understanding and playing of Root 6 and Root 5 Barre Chords
- - Rhythm guitar exercises
- - Fingerpicking exercises beginner to advanced
- - Basic reading and playing of music notation
- - Tablature reading
- - Songs and instrumentals
- - Open Tunings
- - Basic Blues Guitar
- - Understanding Chord Formulas and Progressions
- - Guidelines for song writing
- - 45 minute lessons once a week = R1650.00 per term payable in the first month of the term.
- - I work according to the Government School Timetable.
- - Any lessons missed are to be rescheduled in a suitable group.
- - Group lessons which have been missed may NOT be caught up as Private Lessons.
SHOULD YOU STRUGGLE TO PAY THE TERM FEES IN ONE PAYMENT, YOU MAY MAKE THREE CASH PAYMENTS AS FOLLOWS
- - First month of the term: R550.00
- - Second month of the term: R550.00
- - Third month of the term: R550.00
- - 45 minute lesson = R400.00 per lesson payable in advance per month.
- - 30 minute lesson = R265.00 per lesson payable in advance per month.
- - Private lessons are to be paid in advance per month either in cash or by EFT.
- - Any lessons missed are to be rescheduled at a time suitable to both parties.